Covid-19 - Changes to restrictions due to the second lockdown 5th November to 2nd December.
The new rules issued by the government and put into law today are more complicated than before. All the existing NAA temporary regulations we have in place still apply with the following additions.
- Firstly, angling is permitted.
- However, you can only leave home to fish with members of your own household, your support bubble or with one other individual. The rule of six is effectively a rule of two for most of us.
- With regard to travelling to venues the law states travelling should be done locally and long journeys should be avoided. Common sense must be applied to act within the spirit of the government’s guidance.
- Match fishing is not permitted.
Following a review as previously mentioned, the club has removed the 48 hour on 48 hour off temporary restriction, and guest tickets will be available (subject to Thatcham Angling being open during restrictions).
We find ourselves in a privileged position with many other sporting activities not permitted during this second lockdown. It is all our responsibility to abide by the restrictions to ensure we can continue to fish.
Meanwhile you must still comply with these new rules carefully, which have been introduced to protect us all and help to stop the spread of the virus.
Specifically for Avington please see the revised additional rules which must be followed.
For further information the full guidance information is published on the Angling Trust web site.
This is a message to all members who were bailiffs last year, and to anybody who would like to become a bailiff for the NAA. Please would you make contact with the new Head Bailiffs, Ben Freemantle 07940338414 & Chris Fox 07395118619, so that they can invite you to the bailiffs briefing for the new season.
Memberships for the new season are available in all categories, and the club has made the joining process much simpler. The membership form can be downloaded under the membership tab on this website, or go directly to it here. There are 2 ways to get your membership:
- Send the completed form with 2 photos and payment cheque to the membership secretary who will post the permit out to you, usually within 7 days.
- Take the completed form with 2 photos and payment cheque or cash to Thatcham Angling Centre, 156 Sagecroft Road. Thatcham. RG18 3BQ and get your permit straight away.
With so many fisheries to try out, what are you waiting for?